Best Mac Antivirus Software for 2019
Although Mac-focused viruses are less common compared to Windows, the operating system is not immune to attack. Recently, malware targeted Mac users has increased.
The Best Mac Antivirus Software will protect your computer and safeguard from ransomware, trojans, spyware, and other online threats.
In this guide, we look at some of the Best Mac Antivirus Software available today.
Photo credit: Avast
Avast Security is a simple, easy-to-use antivirus program for home users and It offers free version with limited features and some features are only available in the paid premium version.The free antivirus program comes with a password manager and includes a VPN service, but with limited data. Avast Security has highly effective on-access protection, which instantly detects any malware and prevents it being copied to the system. The free version has advertising displayed for Avast SecureLine VPN service.
- Strong and reliable protection from various types of malware
- Free password manager and free web-browser
- Home network scanning feature
- Mobile security feature
- The Do Not Disturb mode allows suspending notifications during gaming
- The antivirus is lightweight and doesn’t slow down a PC noticeably
- Premium versions are affordable
- No automatic scanning of new drives connected to a PC
- The boot scanning is too slow
- No firewall in the free package
Photo credit: AVG
AVG AntiVirus is an antivirus program that is easy to set up and use. It offers free and paid version.he program is extremely simple to install and use, making it very suitable for non-expert users. It has all the essential features of a good antivirus program, and executes them all well. AVG’s on-access detection dealt with malware on an external drive very effectively.
- It has full-fledged free versions for Windows, Mac, and Android
- It scored very high in independent tests as a tool for malware protection
- It is fast and lightweight
- Some additional tools are really great (a file shredder, a web security plugin, a VPN solution)
- It is very easy to operate even for non-specialists
- Few extras, if compared to most rivals
- Average anti-phishing performance
- Free version does not have a firewall, password protector or VPN
Photo credit: Avira
Avira Antivirus Pro for Mac is a simple to install and use antivirus product suitable for home users and small businesses.
- It has better security features than numerous top-notch antivirus programs
- Performs better in defining and stopping malware than other free antivirus software
- Protection Cloud Technology makes it possible to scan obscure files in real time.
- Affordable package for multiple devices
- Free version brings many pop-up ads offering to stick to a paid version, and this influences computer speeds.
- Messy setup and employment.
- Each tool is a separate module which should be installed on its own…
- You can’t use other tools if you are already utilizing one.
- No support
Photo credit: Bitdefender
Bitdefender Antivirus includes ransomware protection. It is suited to home users and small offices and it has a very well-designed interface.paid The antivirus program comes with ransomware protection, a data-limited VPN feature, and a browsing-protection add-on for Safari. Effective real-time protection immediately detects and cleans malware. It provides solid protection features in a very well-designed interface.
- Fast scanning
- Multi-level layer Protection
- Eliminates adware
- Premium VPN
- 24/7 cloud-based protection
- 30-day free trial
- Limited features compared to some competitors
Photo credit: F-Secure Safe
F-Secure Safe for Mac is simple to install a paid-for antivirus program and it comes with a parental control feature and a URL blocker. It features a very simple installation and effective on-access protection that prevents malware from being copied to the system.
- Simple interface
- Very easy to use
- High level of protection
- Lacking in features, like URL blocking
- Limited configuration options
Photo credit: Kaspersky Internet Security
Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac is a consumer security product with parental controls. It is suitable for home users and small offices. It has a browser add-on and parental controls. Sensitive on-access detection immediately quarantines any malware copied to the system. Users without administrator rights cannot disable the protection or uninstall the program.
- Robust antimalware protection
- Superb user interface
- Low impact on performance
- VPN protection
- Great customer support
- Free trial
- Lacks password manager
Photo credit: Trend Micro Antivirus
Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac includes camera and microphone protection and an anti-ransomware feature, in addition to malware protection and a web-protection add-on for Safari. It is suitable for home users and small offices, and ideal for non-expert users due to its very straightforward design and operation.
The clean UI design makes the most important features very easy to access and use.
- Top-notch antivirus protection
- Multi-layered ransomware protection
- Average price
- Useful extra features a Mute Mode available
- It is resource-consuming
- No built-in firewall
We hope you liked the Best Mac Antivirus Software post and it helps you to make your choice. If you want to learn more about about security software check our section Security and subscribe to our mailing list.